Blueberry Muffins Recipe
Since the kids are on an extended spring break I’m trying my best to keep them busy all while limiting their screen time.
So while my oldest daughter Elle had her first ‘virtual’ play date with some friends from school Liv and I decided to make some homemade blueberry muffins. These fresh blueberries had actually been sitting in my freezer for longer then I would like to admit however they were perfect for these muffins. I will definitely be stocking up next time I make it to the grocery store.
The recipe makes two dozen standard size muffins, these will be perfect for both breakfast and snacks!
1/2 c. softened butter
1 1/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1.2 c milk
2 c. fresh blueberries, washed and drained
1. Preheat then oven to 375 degrees
2. Mix melted butter and 1 1/4 cups of sugar until combined
3. Add eggs one at a time, beating well. Add vanilla.
4. Sift together flour, salt, and baking powder and add to the creamed mixture. Slowly add in milk and stir.
5. Add blueberries and fold into mixture using a spoon.
6. Using a 12 cup standard muffin tin with cupcake liners, fill with batter. Option to sprinkle a pinch of sugar on top before baking in a 375 degree oven for about 30 minutes.
7. Remove muffins from tin and let cool for 30 minutes.
This recipe has been one of my favorites to make over the years and originally found in T he NY Times