Low Carb Chicken Cordon Bleu
For good reason I’ve been cooking more at home lately, trying both new recipes and rotating some of our family favorites.
Tonight’s recipe is a healthy twist on a crowd pleaser — chicken cordon bleu. Substituting pork rinds as the breading is a great way to keep the carbs down too. This husband and kid approved recipe is not only easy to make but delicious too! Ingredients: 3 boneless chicken breasts or 6 chicken cutlets 3 eggs 6 slices on provolone cheese 6 slices of low sodium ham 1 bag of plain pork rinds 2/3 c. Grated parmesan 1/4 tsp. salt 1/4 tsp. pepper toothpicks Outfit details:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cut chicken in half lengthwise (unless using cutlets)
3. Crush bag of pork rinds and mix in grated parmesan, and S&P
4. Crack eggs and scramble with a fork
5. Set up an assembly line with ham, cheese, eggs, pork rind mixture and tooth picks
4. Take your chicken and lay 1 slice of ham and 1 slice cheese on top, roll it up and place a tooth pick to hold in place
5. Roll chicken in an egg mixture followed by the pork rind mixture, place in baking dish. Repeat for all chicken.
6. Take remaining pork rind mixture and sprinkle onto the chicken in the baking dish
7. Place in oven for 30 minutes or until cooked all the way through
For more recipes similar to this one check out one of my favorite low-carb cookbooks, Simply Keto