Whether a girls trip or going as a couple, write a few of these down for the next time your in Nashville. Last month Nick and I snuck away to Nashville, just the two of us as a belated anniversary celebration. I was able to snag two tickets to Elton John’s Farewell Tour (which was AMAZING btw). It was my second time visiting the Music City and Nick’s first. A few years back I spent a long weekend celebrating a my dear friends bachelorette party. Both were great but very different! First of all, Nashville has changed a lot since I was last there. The whole NashVegas is really a thing, at any given time Friday-Sunday you will see the pedal taverns, party barge and bachelorette parties trekking up and down Broadway. If you happen to visit during the week it will be a lot quieter (maybe in a good way).
WHERE TO STAY
Location is everything when staying in Nashville, we prefer The Gulch which was walking distance to almost everything including Broadway.
• The Westin
• JW Marriott
• The Omni SHOPPING
What’s a vacation without a little shopping? There are so many great boutiques but here are a few of my personal favorites.
• Living with Landyn
• Vici Collection
• E. Allen
• Uncommon James
• White Mercantile • Draper James
• Hemline GOOD EATS
(all restaurants are linked) • Pinewood Social - I visited on both trips, it’s really a must! Great for brunch and maybe a round of two of bowling. • The Southern - Located right off Broadway it was a great place for brunch or happy hour. Get the hot chicken sandwich or oysters! • Saint Anejo - Located in the Gulch. The tacos and skinny margaritas were delicious.
Husk - Located in an old mansion, farm to table feel and the food was amazing.
• True Food Kitchen - It’s a chain but so so good!
• Bourbon Steakhouse - Located at the top of the JW Marriott and probably my favorite meal of the trip (get the grilled oysters with miso butter). They also have an amazing bar that overlooks the entire city. If anything go for the views and grab a drink at the bar!
• Mafioza’s - If you are like us and need a break from the nightlife, order in some pizza, they deliver on UberEats!
• Milk & Honey - Need an afternoon pick-me-up, grab a coffee and make sure you get the house made pop tart! HONKY TONK
The live music is my favorite part of Nashville. For this trip we wanted to stay a little more low key. A good option is to visit during the day or late afternoon when it’s less crowded and you can grab a seat and enjoy the live music. Here are my 3 favorites and apparently the ‘originals’ according to the locals. • Tootsie’s (go all the way to the top floor)
• Layla’s SOMETHING DIFFERENT If your looking for something a little different to do try Arrington Vineyards, it’s about a 45 minute drive from the city but well worth it. Schedule one of the signature brunch experiences along with the tour. The wine and views will not disappoint. If you happen to visit and have a new favorite for me to check out, please comment below!